Friday, October 5, 2012

The Good and The Bad

There are a number of interview questions, which are considered standards. You should be prepared to answer them.

One question I always ask: Tell me your strengths and weaknesses.

First - be prepared. This should not be an unexpected question. Do your homework. Practice some answers.

Second - everyone has a weakness. So, please don't say, "I really can't think of a weakness." I would consider that a weakness. Plus you are not self-aware. Another weakness.

My all-time favorite answer to this question was a woman who said this:
My strength and my weakness are the same - I'm too smart. It's a strength because I'm smart. But, it's also my weakness because people are jealous.

My analysis - you are not that smart. This is a terrible answer. You're so smart, everyone is jealous of you? What?
I'm sure it's no surprise, she was not offered the position.

No comments:

Post a Comment